Addiction Resources in Durango, Colorado
People in the small town of Durango, Colorado, are just as subject to addiction as any demographic. Durango has a small population of only 17,000, and thus, the overall number of drug addicts in the city is lower than, say, the nearby city of Denver. A small population doesn't mean that the damage dealt by alcoholism and drug addiction is any less destructive, and addicts might want to seek rehab in Colorado.
For residents of Durango, intensive, inpatient rehabilitation facilities can be difficult for addicts to find. The city itself is home to few residential rehab facilities. However, there are a healthy number of group sessions available for addicts in Durango for alcoholics and drug addicts alike.
Alcoholic's Anonymous Meetings In Durango
Alcoholics Anonymous is a well-known support group. It offers support catering to alcoholics and recovering alcoholics, and helps them establish a plan for sobriety and helps them return into society as functioning members. Durango has meetings at the following times and places:
Monday Night Men's Group
First Presbyterian Church, 1159 E 3rd Ave
M at 6:00 PM. Men's only
Durango Women's Group
St Mark's Episcopal Church, 910 E. 3rd Ave
M 6:00 PM, Women only
Th 5:45 PM, Women only
Durango Young People's Group
Durango Joe's Coffee, 732 E. College Drive
T 6:00 PM
F 6:00 PM
Durango Central Group
Cornerstone Building, 3473 Main Ave (upstairs)
Sun 7:30 AM, 10:00 AM, 8:00 PM
M 6:45 AM, 12:00 PM, 5:30 PM, 8:00 PM
Tu 6:45 AM, 12:00 PM, 5:30 pm, 8:00 pm
W 6:45 AM, 12:00 PM, 5:30 PM, 8:00 PM
Th 6:45 AM, 12:00 PM, 5:30 PM, 8:00 PM
Fr 6:45 AM, 12:00 PM, 5:30 PM, 8:00 PM
Sat 7:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 5:30 PM, 8:00 PM
You can find other A.A. Meetings in Colorado here.
Alanon Meetings In Durango
Alanon meetings are support groups similar to Alcoholics Anonymous, but Alanon offers support more for people whose lives have been effected by other people's drinking.
Christ the King Lutheran Church 495 Florida Road
M 12:00 PM
Fr 12:00 PM
Sat 10:30 AM
First Presbyterian Church, 1159 E. 3rd Ave
M 7:00 PM
Tu 12:00 PM
W 7:00 PM
Th 12:00 PM
Here's a list of all the Al-anon meetings in Colorado.
Narcotics Anonymous Meetings In Durango, Colorado
Narcotics Anonymous meetings focus on rehabilitating drug addicts and helping them find a path to sobriety. They offer group counseling and guidance through the 12-step program. Durango's N.A. meetings are the following:
Durango Joe's Coffee House, 1211 Escalante Dr
M 7:00 PM
Tue 6:30 PM
W 7:00 PM
Thu 7:00 PM
Fri 7:15 PM
Sat 8:30 AM
Sun 6:00 PM
This list has all the N.A. Meetings in Colorado, if these nearby ones are not convenient.
Alateen Meetings Near Durango, CO
Alateen is a support group for the families of addicted youth. The nearest one is in Arvada, CO. This list has all the Alateen meetings in Colorado.
Accessible Addiction Resources In The City Of Durango
Durango is home to limited addiction resources, but hosts a few cost-effective, reliable services for outpatient rehabilitation and short-term detoxing.
- The Axis Health System New Day counseling facility offers out-patient rehabilitation and counseling for women, particularly in the youth age group that may be more susceptible to drug abuse through peer pressure.
- The Axis Health System Detox Unit offers short-term residential rehabilitation for patients.
- Preferred Counseling Services offers limited outpatient rehabilitation and counseling to addicts, however they will treat men and women and have programs for victims of HIV and AIDS.
Addicts looking for long-term inpatient rehabilitation will struggle to find care in Durango. If they aren't okay with simply getting themselves onto a waiting list for one of Durango's outpatient facilities, or travel out of town to find a rehab in Colorado,
Online Meetings And Support Groups
If meeting face-to-face isn't your thing, there are a few associations that offer online meetings and therapy sessions.
- SMART Recovery is often considered the most popular alternative to A.A. and N.A. meetings in Colorado, particularly for agnostics and atheists who don't want to follow the Christian-based 12-step program. Register at SMART Recovery to see what they have to offer.
- A.A. Online is a non-for-profit group that is assembled with the intention of offering online chat groups for alcoholics who wish to recover. There are no fees and no requirements to join, but the program is not officially endorsed by A.A. Of America.
Rehabilitation And Support Groups For Addicts In Durango Are Reliable
Durango's own arsenal of rehabilitation facilities may not be huge, but the number of support groups active in Durango is impressive. If you're addicted to alcohol or drugs, or know someone that is, help is certainly within reach.